Who We Are
Lighthouse Christian School is a discipleship school, committed to the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. The purpose of the school is to provide a Biblically-integrated instructional program in a disciplined environment that encourages spiritual commitment and academic excellence.
Lighthouse is committed to the academic growth of each student. Understanding that God has uniquely designed and equipped each of us accordingly, He has a plan for the lives of each Lighthouse student. We desire to prepare students for what God is calling them to, whether college, career, or an entrepreneurial experience that exceeds any of our expectations. The Lighthouse educational experience is student-formulated and teacher-facilitated, in a Christ-centered environment. We want students to engage in their educational experience and collaborate with others to challenge their thinking, identify their strengths, and measure according to potential.
A little about our school history
- LCS began in 1995 with 12 students.
- In 25 years we have grown to over 350 students.
- K-3 through 12th grade on campus.
- Relocated to 960 Eastland Dr. in Twin Falls.
- A completely renovated lumber warehouse stands on 10 acres.
- The campus includes elementary classrooms, secondary classrooms, two auditoriums, a gymnasium, an artificial turf football field, playgrounds, and more.
- Plans are being made to expand the campus to include additional academic and athletic facilities.
- Lighthouse is fully accredited with ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), COGNIA, and the State of Idaho.
Here are some of the things you may see throughout the year...
- Bible taught as a core subject.
- Weekly chapels for both elementary and secondary students.
- Each fall and spring, students from K5 through 10th grade take the MAP assessment to gauge student learning and progression. PSAT’s are administered to the 11th grade class each October.
- We have one school-wide fundraiser each year. The Athletic Department also hosts an annual Golf tournament and sponsorship opportunities.
- We offer physical education, art, music, and computers for elementary students.
- Secondary Electives may include: Team Sports, Speech, Spanish, Worship Team, Forensic Science, Robotics, Computer Basics, Computer Programming, Media Literacy, Yearbook, Drama, Physical Education, Art, Health, Strength training, ACT/SAT prep, Oceanography/Astronomy, IDLA online classes, and more.
- After-school childcare is provided for a nominal fee.
- Many field trips and outreaches are available to students, including visits to the Herrett Center, the State Capitol, the Boise Discovery Center, the Boise Zoo, the Old State Penitentiary, Mountain Home Air Base, Birds of Prey, the Fire Department, the South Hills, Pomerelle Ski Resort, CSI plays, Spiritual Emphasis Retreat for the entire High School, Middle School winter dance and High School Spring Formal.
- Family outings to view the autumn colors in the South Hills (our Fall Spectacular), as well as Christmas and spring programs are offered for the whole family.
- We offer opportunities to prepare for college such as College Information Night and ACT/SAT Preparation classes.