Whose We Are
In Philippians 2, we are instructed to be like-minded, united in purpose, spirit, and love to fully experience Joy. At Lighthouse, this is the fulcrum of our culture philosophy. Following the example of Christ, servant-leadership is encouraged at every level as each child has leadership potential. God has designed each student to uniquely impact the world for His glory.
To Educate the whole child with a full view of eternity.
Lighthouse Christian School is Dedicated to...
- Supporting students’ personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ
- Assisting each student in the development of a Christian mind and lifestyle
- Promoting biblical infusion of faith and learning in a disciplined environment that encourages spiritual commitment and academic achievement
- Continuing development of a comprehensive educational program that helps guide each student in reaching their full academic, artistic, and athletic potential
- Maintaining a diverse extracurricular program designed to assist each student in the development of social skills and the expression of individual personality
- Preparing and encouraging each student for effective service for Christ in their church, their community, and in whatever career they may choose
- Partnering with parents in the education of their child
It is our desire that every student of Lighthouse Christian School will:
- understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- know, understand, and apply the Bible as God's infallible Word
- be able to articulate and defend their Christian worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews
- be well prepared and skilled in all academic disciplines
- have the skills to question, to solve problems, and to make wise decisions
- know how to utilize resources, including technology, to find, analyze, and evaluate information
- treat their bodies as the temples of the Holy Spirit
- demonstrate self-control based on biblical standards
- embrace the value of teamwork and sacrifice for the sake of others
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL:
- effectively communicate while speaking and writing
- understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God
- respect the people with whom they work, play, and live; and relate to them appropriately and with integrity
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood upon the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a victorious Christian life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ as revealed in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18.