Who we are. Whose we are. Why we are.
Who We Are
Lighthouse Christian School is a discipleship school, committed to the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. The purpose of the school is to provide a Biblically-integrated instructional program in a disciplined environment that encourages spiritual commitment and academic excellence in order to educate the whole child in full view of eternity.
Lighthouse is committed to the academic growth of each student. Understanding that God has uniquely designed and equipped each of us accordingly, He has a plan for the lives of each Lighthouse student. We desire to prepare students for what God is calling them to, whether college, career, or an entrepreneurial experience or a ministry opportunity. The Lighthouse educational experience is student-formulated and teacher-facilitated, in a Christ-centered environment. We want students to engage in their educational experience and collaborate with others to challenge their thinking, identify their strengths, and measure according to potential.
A little about our school history
- LCS was founded by Pastor Greg Fadness.
- LCS began in 1995 with 12 students.
- In 28 years we have grown to over 370 students.
- K-3 through 12th grade on campus.
- Located at 960 Eastland Dr. in Twin Falls.
- A completely renovated lumber warehouse stands on 10 acres.
- The campus includes elementary classrooms, secondary classrooms, two auditoriums, a gymnasium, an artificial turf football field, playgrounds, and more.
- Lighthouse is fully accredited with ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), and the State of Idaho.
- We are the first Private School in Idaho to become a chapter of Future Farmers of America (FFA).
Here are some of the things you may see throughout the year...
- Bible taught as a core subject.
- Weekly chapels for both elementary and secondary students.
- Each fall and spring, students from K5 through 10th grade take the MAP assessment to gauge student learning and progression. PSAT’s are administered to the 11th grade class each October.
- We have one school-wide fundraiser each year, the Lighthouse Legacy Auction. The Athletic Department also hosts an annual Golf tournament and sponsorship opportunities.
- We offer physical education, art, music, drama, literacy, and computers for elementary students.
- Secondary Electives may include: Team Sports, Speech, Spanish, Worship Team, Forensic Science, Robotics, Computer Basics, Computer Programming, Media Literacy, Broadcast, Yearbook, Drama, Physical Education, Art, Health, Strength training, Agriculture, Student Council, IDLA online classes, and more.
- Before and after school childcare is provided for a nominal fee.
- Many field trips and outreaches are available to students, including visits to the Herrett Center, the State Capitol, the Boise Discovery Center, the Boise Zoo, the Old State Penitentiary, Mountain Home Air Base, Birds of Prey, the Fire Department, the South Hills, Pomerelle Ski Resort, CSI plays, Spiritual Emphasis Retreat for the entire High School, Middle School winter dance and High School Spring Formal
Whose We Are
In Philippians 2, we are instructed to be like-minded, united in purpose, spirit, and love to fully experience Joy. At Lighthouse, this is the fulcrum of our cultural philosophy. Following the example of Christ, servant-leadership is encouraged at every level as each child has leadership potential. God has designed each student to uniquely impact the world for His glory.
To educate the whole child with a full view of eternity.
Lighthouse Christian School is Dedicated to...
- Supporting students’ personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ
- Assisting each student in the development of a Christian mind and lifestyle
- Promoting biblical infusion of faith and learning in a disciplined environment that encourages spiritual commitment and academic achievement
- Continuing development of a comprehensive educational program that helps guide each student in reaching their full academic, artistic, and athletic potential
- Maintaining a diverse extracurricular program designed to assist each student in the development of social skills and the expression of individual personality
- Preparing and encouraging each student for effective service for Christ in their church, their community, and in whatever career they may choose
- Partnering with parents in the education of their child
It is our desire that every student of Lighthouse Christian School will:
- Understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Know, understand, and apply the Bible as God's infallible Word
- Be able to articulate and defend their Christian worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews
- Be well prepared and skilled in all academic disciplines
- Have the skills to question, to solve problems, and to make wise decisions
- Know how to utilize resources, including technology, to find, analyze, and evaluate information
- Treat their bodies as the temples of the Holy Spirit
- Demonstrate self-control based on biblical standards
- Embrace the value of teamwork and sacrifice for the sake of others
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL:
- Effectively communicate while speaking and writing
- Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God
- Respect the people with whom they work, play, and live; and relate to them appropriately and with integrity
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood upon the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the lost and sinful man must be saved, and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a victorious Christian life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ as revealed in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18.
Why We Are
As servant leaders, we open the doors to meaningful relationships and ministry with others. Through authentic relationships we experience curiosity, vulnerability, and accountability. We learn to ask significant questions and be transparent and honest. In those shared moments, we establish a caring accountability for one another. As that caring grows, a mutual respect and responsibility evolves. We start to transition from a “me” mindset to a “we” mindset. We care about each other, our community, our school, our experience. As a result of this progression, our performance expectations elevate. Settling for mediocrity is not acceptable. We desire to do our best, and encourage that of others, according to God’s design for us.
As our culture grows through servant leadership, authentic relationships, respect and responsibility, and increased performance expectations...we see 4 C’s unfold:
- Connection - shared vision
- Communication - the ability to articulate our identity
- Collaboration - unity
- Character - development
Through the natural implementation of these 4 C’s, we become more missionally aligned and have a greater sense of Who We Are, Whose We Are, and Why We Are.
Lighthouse Statement of Purpose
In Today’s world of shifting values, it is imperative that our children be given the best opportunities to develop strong intellectual and moral character. Lighthouse Christian School is a Christ-centered environment. It is our desire to provide the best education and the richest fulfillment of potential for each student. Our purpose and desire is to teach the whole child so that they will develop according to the example of our Lord Jesus Christ and become a godly influence in the world.
The teaching staff at Lighthouse Christian School is highly qualified, walking in a personal relationship with Christ, and thoroughly dedicated to helping each student toward positive spiritual, mental and physical growth.